Daria Kempka: My Role Model
Daria Kempka is a digital marketing manager and interactive producer with solid UX, visual design and interactive storytelling skills. She has a Master of Arts degree in mass communication from Marquette University in Milwaukee.
Since 2010, Kempka has focused intently on designing for mobile and cross-context experiences. She developed Marquette's mobile strategy and brought its brand to smartphones and tablets.
As you can see, Kempka is all that when it comes showing off in these lanes. But when it comes to other lanes, for example, AP Style, well, not so much.
This is why Herbert Lowe keeps telling her:
"Stay in your lane!"
Her Specialities and Skills
There is absolutely no end to what Kempka can do.
- Mobile design and strategy
- Interaction and user experience design for Web, mobile Web, smartphone and tablet apps
- Visual and user interface design
- Drawing, sketching, visual communication, prototyping
- Strategic planning and conceptualization for interactive initiatives
- Intermediate video storytelling and production skills
- Intermediate animation skills
- Teaching, training, workshop facilitating
- HTML and CSS (expert skills)
Kempka's Odds and Ends
Here's some more about the great and wonderful Kempka. She's collaborative and curious and known for her ability to learn on the fly. She's a natural team-player and mentor, always looking for interesting projects to work on with smart and talented people. She loves a good question.
For her M.A., she researched how design impacts meaning and behavior in advertising, public relations and journalism and to apply that knowledge in her daily work.
She also produced Drawcamp, an all-day visual thinking conference, the first of its kind, in 2010 and 2011.